Are your kids looking for something fun to do this summer break? Do you want to teach them physics, engineering, and problem solving?
Try this cheap and quick DIY marble run maze game!
- Collect cardboard tubes, like paper towel tubes or toilet paper rolls.
- With adult supervision, cut into right sizes and cut holes to connect the tubes, where needed. Cover any ends with paper and tape or stickers to prevent the ball from going off the board.
- Design a path or multiple paths on a cardboard piece or board.
- Use tape or a hot glue gun to secure the pieces on the cardboard.
- Drop some pom poms or marbles or small balls at the top tubes and watch the balls run down the maze
1. What causes the ball to move down the maze?
2. If you used multiple paths, which way was the fastest and why?